Monday, March 4, 2019

LEGO STAR WARS DISPLAY WALL (PART 2 - ADDING LED LIGHTS)


 More photos and DIY details after the Jump!










GEEK this look with the following materials:
- Ikea DIODER LED light strips (which includes all mounting materials)
- Black vinyl electrical tape (from Home Depot)
- Shelving unit from previous blog entry

DIY (Do It Yourself) by following these steps:
- Stick LED light strips into shelving unit using the provided double stick tape
- Connect the power wires
- Route the power wired along the edges of shelving unit
- Cover and keep the power wires in place using vinyl electrical tape

BAM! Lego Star Wars Display with LED lights!


This is part 2 of my giant Lego Star Wars display wall. The second step is to add LED light strips to the shelving unit. The lights serve to show case the collection and will make this display stand out. This DIY project will continue with part 3 next time … so stay tune.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you VERY much for the step by step. I just started building this and I'll send a photo or two once complete. I had never seen the tie bomber and I think it looks awesome in your display. I like how the tie fighter barely fits and I love your progression of star destroyers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see pictures of your completed display case. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Thanks! The UCS Tie Bomber instructions and parts list were purchased from the designer. Then I had to get all the pieces to put it together.

    ReplyDelete